Wednesday, February 9, 2011

mall performances

I am pretty sure I have performed in a mall before.  I was in a jazz dance class and we would perform at different suburban locations- I can remember the Christmas performance being on the floor of the Funplex roller rink.  When Gary asked me to perform at the gallery PLACE, on the top floor of the Pioneer Place Mall in Portland, I decided interactive pieces would have the most pertinence.


Saturday afternoon, "Let's Be Matching" outfitted visitors with personalized accessories that linked them to past and future participants:  

visitors from elsewhere


                                                                           happy.....

not so happy.


Sunday afternoon, "Quilt Stories" gave me an excuse to lounge inside of my quilted tent, waiting for visitors to stop in and share their stories of quilt memories:







No comments:

Post a Comment