Saturday, January 22, 2011

shakers and other finds...


shakers for potato fans, with a matching gravy boat and conjoined siamese cats 


























Ever since I made a little set of spice shakers for a friend, I have become enamoured with S&P shakers and all the forms they live in.  It seems that any subject, shape, and size, are available to house your salt and pepper (or other spice- sweet or savory) as long as the sculpture is hollow and perforated with at least one hole.

a squirrel clinging to a giant acorn shaker and toast shakers that pop out of a tiny toaster



A trip to the antique mall today inspired me to let loose on making my next batch of shakers.
this is not a shaker, but it is a pig wearing roller skates on a music box


pair of owls in a rose bud studded sugar egg
many cutouts of young girls in a sugar egg

Sugar eggs are also not shakers, but I want to make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment